This may just be gossip, but I heard that they're considering casting Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter as Susannah in The Dark Tower. While J.C. is a hilarious, wonderful actress on Dex, unfortunantly, she's white, and not only is Susannah a woman of color, but so much of her character comes from her experiences during the Civil Rights Movement, her advocacy for African-American rights, and the fact that one of her multiple personalities is a caricature of an African-American "Sapphire." I can only hold onto hope that they're just casting her as Mia, Susannah's bodily nemesis who *is* white. Otherwise, this is the most racist piece of shit I've ever seen, and they are actively erasing an African-American woman from the story. If that is so, I will not spend a *penny* going to see this movie/watch the show.
***There is hope that it is still just a rumor.***
No comments:
Post a Comment