I try to avoid sensationalist media coverage, but sometimes it's unavoidable, or it actually *does* intrigue me. I'm talkin' 'bout you, Jaycee Dugard.
Watching the Diane Sawyer interview (and being slightly annoyed by the hints of victim blaming Diane was tossing out now and then), and hearing that, after the 60 visits from the patriarchal parole office that were fails, two women cops, from UC-Berkley, were the actual heroes in the case. Can you guess how many times they visited his house? None.
BUT, the real attention grabber? After they reported his ass, the mens did their usual cock grabbing and struttin about, taking the credit at their press conference. SO sickening.
Anyway, seeing as how police work is such a "masculine" affair, I got to thinking about how women are superior in just about every endeavor available to them. Is this because the male privilege is so out of control that guys never learned how to do...oh...anything? Is it because they equate effort with stupidity and weakness? (See: Men Now Claiming They Can Get Straight A's "Without EVER studying!" Or as I like to refer to it--Not Learning Their Fucking Craft).
It seems to me that I have not seen many male workers in any field do anything worthwhile. I honestly feel this way. There are exceptions, of course, but anything *I've* done, I've seen myself and all the women around me doing more, trying harder, getting more accurate results, more efficient results, and just not being lazy. Basically, taking pride in their work. Whether it's *NOT* bailing on side work in a restaurant, or cleaning up and making sure food is properly stored, staying and not half-assing shit--I'm telling you. Women. That's why, a few years ago, when my manager at Bill's was contemplating hiring a male waiter, I threw a vocal shit fit--much to the other females' ("He's hot!) chagrin, because I know, through experience--they are lazy mothereffers. They also get more tips, which is gross. They either try to get out of doing any work or they do it sloppy, and one of the womenfolk ends up having to do it all over again. The employers, in their paternalistic cocklove, cater to their needs with more of that, "Aww, we gotta look out for him! You girls can help him with his sidework, right?" Despite none of us ever getting any assistance from anyone.
And I don't trust male doctors. They preen and attempt to act all, "Well, there's a lot of medical jargon you wouldn't understand, Girl, so just trust me while I stick you with the big needle and everything will be alright." I don't trust male anybody, really. They're lazy! The UPS delivery drivers (who make a helluva lot more than we do) try to get out of carrying in heavy packages, even with the dolly, and whine whine whine about this Penney's business like you wouldn't believe. Automechanics, excepting the one my family found after years of searching, consistently half-ass it on fixing cars, then try and get away with overcharging for work they didn't even do properly, if at all. The manager at Copps, who was supposed to call me about a product they arbitrarily stopped carrying, despite the fact that we bought it *ALL THE TIME* has yet to do so. That was a month ago. Plus--his customer service skills SUCK. I can think of a hundred other employees there--all female--that deserve his promotion over his bitchass. In my teaching observations--the women were actually, you know, teaching, while the men sit on their asses, play movies, read magazines, have them work on laptops--Zero Interaction. It's just...sad. Know what I think?
Male: The New Cripple.
9 comments:
Funny -- Jon says the same thing about his male coworkers. He has to re-fold the napkins they fold. He has to throw out desserts when he gets there for the lunch shift because they didn't cover them the night before. He has to re-wash the windows because they half-assed the job. He has to scramble to refill all the water glasses in the whole restaurant because Bill and Josh won't do it. He gets called in at the last minute on his day off because one of his male coworkers supposedly "forgot" about some obligation. Jon loves working with the women (except for one) because they actually work, and he hates working with all of the other guys because they don't.
So, what's the Jaycee Dugard story? I know she was kidnapped and not found for something like 15 or 20 years, but what was the story? Was she mostly autonomous, or was she chained up in a basement, or what?
This has been my experience as well. In the lab the other woman and I did ALL the prep work until our professor threatened not to give Mr. Acid a letter of recommendation unless he did his fair share.
Also: I think Jon's mother is responsible for his work ethic. She was a single mom with 5 kids. She worked her ass off to support her family while her lazy ex-husband moved across the country and never sent a dime more than he was required by law, even though he was making good money. Jon's mom started her own cleaning business and also worked a second job, spent her days scrubbing other people's toilets, and gave Jon his first job (he helped to scrub toilets). So, I think Jon has the women's work ethic. He agrees. :)
Well, she was held captive for 18 years, raped repeatedly, gave birth without a hospital twice in a tent in the backyard...she didn't see the sun for years. It was awful. Law enforcement visited the dude's place 60 times and didn't look in the backyard. He was a convicted rapist already, but hey--Dudes are Lazy. So she suffered for 18 years.
Anyway, you see what I mean. They can't do *anything* with the proper amount of effort or ethic required to complete a task. They're too used to women being around to do "clean up" while they pocket the dough.
Yeah...that's a little bit fucked up. Even [especially] if the back yard is a big, overgrown place, you still search it. People don't usually hide stuff in the middle of the living room.
Speakin' the truth!
Back in the college days, I despised being in groups w/the male-bodied folks, because they were assholes who wanted to run the show uncontested and/or lazy m*fs who didn't want to do any of the work (or get it ready on time). Most of the time it was both - they wanted to tell everyone else what to do and not lift a finger to get it done.
Nowadays, the only males I hire are to fix my car, and that's because I stumbled onto some seemingly decent ones and haven't found any female mechanics in the area yet.
There are some who aren't either assholes or lazy, but it's a crapshoot and I'm not a gambler.
Haha--agreed. Even the ones that are nice can be lazy asses from where I'm standing.
I think this picture really gets to the heart of the matter :) http://politiscoop.com/images/stories/notworking.jpg
The story it's from is about the unemployed, but whatevs, it's versatile.
I like that sign. It's so applicable to so many things.
Post a Comment